pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] Re: Guile FFI wrapper, t_scm_word ambiguity

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] Re: Guile FFI wrapper, t_scm_word ambiguity
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:14:13 +0100

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that the right solution for the hash functions is:
>
>         * use t_scm_fixnum rather than t_ulong
>         * double check to make sure that scm_range_fix_hash_value
>           can't return a negative t_scm_fixnum
>
>     > 2) The same as 1), but the do the substitutions in "real" Pika.
>
> The non-reps parts of "real" Pika (e.g., libscm/hash-values.[ch]
> should _not_ be using t_scm_word as an integer type.   Those are
> bugs.   They should be using t_scm_fixnum and should be reviewed for
> sign issues and overflow issues.

Funny how things line up together: The next problem for me was
hashing; the unit tests run OK so far, up to unit-vector-hash, which
fails due to bogus hash value calculation. I guess I'll now pass the
ball, waiting for someone else fix this bug (I'm not feeling familiar
with the guts of Pika yet), and then have a look at the vector hashes
again.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden