pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] Things to hack on?

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] Things to hack on?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:06:11 +0100

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I just wonder what's up next for implementation in Pika; I could
> imagine hacking on:
>
> * List primitives from R5RS (section Pairs and Lists). I'd probably
>   adapt the implementation from Guile. How should the C API to those
>   look like? I imagine something like that:
>
>   scm_is_list ()
>   scm_list_length ()
>   scm_list_reverse ()
>   scm_list_append ()

Those look fine.  Just make sure that we properly handle circular
lists.  (I'm not familiar with Guile's implementation details to know
if it does.)  It probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea to implement
some of the recommendations from srfi-1 too.

> * We need a procedure data type. I think this a bit to Pika-corish for
>   me to implement, but if I get an implementation plan, I might try
>   it.

This topic is briefly mentioned in some of the notes and
unfinished-code stuff, but it's not something that's got a very stable
road plan worked out yet.  I'm imagining something similar to how
Systas works (but I'm still curious where the wrapper functionality
for changing the int return values from the scm_is_* functions to Pika
booleans is going to be placed).

(Sorry I haven't been able to hack on much lately -- I've been
struggling with getting a new Linux distro on my laptop.)

-jivera