pika-dev

[Pika-dev] short term plans

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Pika-dev] short term plans
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:31:01 -0800 (PST)

So, tla-1.2 is out.

My short-term plan (like, over this coming week) is to:

  a) catch up on pending merges (jao in particular, I think
     I'm otherwise caught up).

  b) write up some more detailed plans for the next stage of
     development

  c) cycle a snapshot release that can be announced on c.l.s.

Sorry that my time has been a little stretched between the two
projects and thank you for your patience.

My tentative thinking is to form the plans around pushing for an ~R5RS
as quickly as possible --- disregarding performance and features.  The
idea being that it's easier to take something simple that does
something interesting and improve it than to try to make something
complex that does something _really_ interesting.  More people will
want to play once we have a functioning REPL (I hope).

-t