pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: Starting work on strings from the scm side

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: Starting work on strings from the scm side
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:24:29 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:44:15PM +0100, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> Now that object locks are basically in place, I could go ahead and do
> the string wrapping, catching up to what jao has done on the hackerlab
> side. OK?

hi. i'm afraid hackerlab support is not yet there. if i'm not mistaken,
pika strings are to be based on hackerlab's udstr_t and the _fw (fixed
width) functions: i'm currently implementing them, but they're not
finished. moreover, i think my last patches are not yet integrated in
tom's archive. i still have to:

- finish the implementation of the 'bogus' encoding
- provide the udstr counterparts of most of scheme's string-foo
- move the buckybits stuff from pika to hackerlab

i'd say it'll take 1-2 weeks...

jao