pika-dev

[Pika-dev] more on hackerlab strings

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Pika-dev] more on hackerlab strings
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:46:10 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:24:29PM +0100, Jose A Ortega Ruiz wrote:
> i still have to:
>
> - finish the implementation of the 'bogus' encoding
> - provide the udstr counterparts of most of scheme's string-foo
> - move the buckybits stuff from pika to hackerlab

ok, the latest patch in my hackerlab archive now contains barebones
support for bogus32 encoding, and it is already used by the few fw
functions that are in place. i've made a mild effort to keep the
documentation in synch (tom, did you read my comments regarding
how we should extract docs from sources? any comments?)
proper unit testing is still missing, though.

what should come next? R5RS string functions? the missing ones are:

- string-ref
- string-set!
- substring
- string-append
- string-fill!

- comparison procedures (string<?, string-ci<?, etc.)

do we need all of them? if not, which ones? should we have ustr and
udstr versions or just the latter?

or should i tackle buckybits and extended unicode chars first, and
implement the string functions directly in terms of them?

jao