pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: more on hackerlab strings

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: more on hackerlab strings
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:29:35 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden>

    > (tom, did you read my comments regarding
    > how we should extract docs from sources? any comments?)

Those were:

    > btw, regarding the API docs: iirc, currently systas is needed to
    > build it, right? what are your plans about the documentation
    > system? have you contemplated the idea of switching to an
    > easier-to-handle one? in the past i've used doxygen, and been
    > very pleased (the only quirk being that it does not provide
    > texinfo output, iirc).

I happen to _really_ like _most_ aspects of the markup language of
that little mess of a doc-extraction system.  There are a few aspects
of it that are totally wrong.

My hope is to proceed this way:

  ~ suffer along with the systas dependency and other quirks for
    now

  ~ finish Pika to a level of R5RS + Posix + Rx (regexps)

  ~ port the doc system to Pika and clean it up

If Pika comes out nicely, and the doc system can be cleaned up and
documented, among other nice side effects this would result in a nice
little demo app.  It'd be nice to get it shippable in a form that is
as easy to use as doxy and needs no particular attention to the fact
it's written in Scheme.

-t