pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: Round IV: xl and all that (looking ahead, mostly)

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: Round IV: xl and all that (looking ahead, mostly)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:34:05 +0200

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> * Next Step
>
>   For the next step I'll build an xl1 interpreter by writing
>   a meta-circular xl1 vm (xl1 vm written in xl1) and either
>   hand-translating it to C or writing a specialized xl1->C compiler
>   for that.

Now that I have probably quite a few hacking cycles left over in the
next few weeks, I'd like to know how this xl stuff relates to Pika and
what should be done on the Pika side, given that I want to spend some
of those cycles on Pika hacking. AFAIR, the thing that keeps us from a
complete runtime is a few lacking udstr pieces in hackerlab, and
wrapping those up in libscm (which I have in preperation to a certain
extent, already). On the eval part, I've no clear impression how this
will work out. Could you describe how xl, furth and Pika come together
and where one could help with this?

Cheers, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux