pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] Coding conventions

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] Coding conventions
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:36:22 -0600

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm just doing some evaluation of how merging the cports change into
> the main archive affects my newly added code, and, expectedly, there
> are some conflicts. Some of them would be avoidable if we stick to the
> exact same coding conventions -- well, we use the GNU style, so far,
> no issue, but jivera seems to use a window wider than 80 chars (just a
> wild guess ;)), and consequently doesn't line-break at 80 chars. Can
> we agree to do that (always break at 80 chars at most)?

Tom's expressed in his coding standard docs an interest for having
long lines rather than wrapped ones, but based on the majority of
arch's code I get the impression that when deciding when/where to wrap
lines to favor readability than any simple coding conventions.

That said, if we decide to always wrap at 80 columns, I can adapt to
that.