platero-devel

Re: [Platero-devel] Re: platero

From: Andreas Lauser
Subject: Re: [Platero-devel] Re: platero
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:46:28 +0100

On Thursday 20 March 2003 10:18, Carlos Acedo wrote:
> Javier Hernández wrote:
> >Althought I'm new to your project, I would like to give my opipion. If it
> >doesn't make sense, please ignore it.

you're welcome! Fortunately there are no trolls around here, yet.

> >Please, Andreas, commit your code for the gui protocol, because my code is
> >only a quick&dirty hack of the old code, your code should be much better.

It was written quite well (I've found some minor mistakes, but nothing
critical).

> >Also, I would like to know what do you think about the sources list, I
> > think that the code is a bit cpu and mem consuming. Maybe there is a
> > better way of do it.
>
> I was impressed the first time I saw it, I had forgotten it completely :)
> Well, in the method* DownloadDiagImp::updateSources*() I would search
> for existing sources and update them instead of cleaning the list and if
> they doesn't exists add new ones

that's exactly what I wanted to say :-). But we have to be careful to remove
old sources when applying this scheme (fortunately there is the
"fileRemoveSource" signal).

> >I agree with the Makefile stuff.
>
> I agree too currently, Makefiles in platero are a headache

all right. I've removed following files:

configure.in
configure
messages.log
Makefile.in
platero.kdevses
configure.files
aclocal.m4
config.h.in
stamp-h.in
subdirs
doc/Makefile.in
doc/en/Makefile.in
platero/Makefile.in
platero/pics/Makefile.in
po/Makefile.in

> >In order to make some publicity, I think we should also announce the
> > program in apps.kde.com and freshmeat.net, because there is already a
> > program called "kmldonkey" which can generate some confusion to users.
>
> I agree

ok. Who will do it? Additionally we need some current screenshots. Normally
these are the user's first impression, so they are more or less important.

> >PS: I think that we need an updated TODO file, to take care of the
> > remaining things to do and the priority of each one.
>
> I copletely agree, we should make a TODO with the remaining stuff to
> realease a first tarball. I would start the TODO with this:
> - clearAll() function ( or a more apropiate name )  in each TAB to be
> called when platero gets                disconnected ( currently is only
> implemented in the settings dialog )
> - Change font in console TAB
> - improve ed2k io slave ( to be able to send elinks when platero isn't
> runnig )

agreed

cu
  AND

- --
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.