pspp-users

Silent/Unattended Install of PSPP?

From: Kent West
Subject: Silent/Unattended Install of PSPP?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:51:06 -0600

(Please CC me as I'm not subscribed)

I've just discovered PSPP. I work for a university, and we have SPSS in some of our computer labs, and sometimes staff or faculty ask to turn SPSS, but our license is only for academic/educational use, and sometimes I fear we tread on gray areas.

I hate having to track licensing and compliance, etc, so when I discovered PSPP, it was - Whoo-hoo! (I love GPL software! Big Debian fanatic, here.)

However, I'm not going to be able to push PSPP usage over that of SPSS unless I can get it installed easily. And that means an unattended install. (I'm not going to go sit at or remote to every machine one-by-one to install PSPP, just to push "OK, OK,Continue, OK, Finish (or whatever the sequence).)

I've found a reference to a silent install in a web search, but no details as to how it is done, other than to use some third-party(?) product named OPSI. I'm not interested in learning yet another package-management system (that may not even be available 18 years after that post).

So, tl;dr, is there a way to install PSPP in an unattended manner (Windows and Mac; Debian is easy - 'apt install pspp', done!)?

Thanks!

--
Kent West                    <")))><