pspp-users

Re: Import CVS with carriage return inside double quotes

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Import CVS with carriage return inside double quotes
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:32:38 -0600

Can you construct a tiny example CSV file with three cases of dummy data that illustrates the problem? Can you also share the version of PSPP, platform, etc. that you are using? How are you accessing the file? And what exactly did PSPP do when it encountered the error?

Does LibreOffice Calc or Excel also have trouble with this file?

I usually end up manually fixing such issues because it's hard to automate a way to fix the RC's you don't want while not "fixing" the CR's that actually terminate a record.

-Alan