qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] object owner argument of memory_region_init_

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] object owner argument of memory_region_init_ram
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 13:40:36 +0100

Sure, but please also CC: address@hidden for ARM-related patches.

> I have been reading qemu source code for soc and different device
> implementation for past few days to understand qemu internals.
> While I have a rough idea of qemu object model, I would like to have your
> input.
> If someone has to learn about qemu object model or soc implementation,
> what would be the correct way ?

We certainly lack documentation here. Studying the available sources is
likely the best thing you can do. There were also a couple of
presentations about QOM and qdev during the various KVM Forums (see
https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KVM_Forum for example), but they are
likely not quite up to date anymore.

 Thomas