qemu-block

Re: [Qemu-block] [RFC PULL 0/6] Block sgarzare test patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [RFC PULL 0/6] Block sgarzare test patches
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:04:07 +0000

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 14:12, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Block pull request for testing
>
> Peter hit a virtio-blk-test failure caused by the new DISCARD/WRITE_ZEROES
> patches that Stefano and I have been unable to reproduce.  Here are the
> patches
> so they can be tested again in Peter's environment.

x86-64 host seems to be a bit random about whether it reproducibly
fails (it failed in the test merge builds but not when I run the
test program by hand) but aarch64 host seems more definitely
fails-every-time:

address@hidden:~/qemu/build/all$
QTEST_QEMU_BINARY=ppc64-softmmu/qemu-system-ppc64 strace -tt -f -o
~/strace.log  tests/virtio-blk-test
/ppc64/virtio/blk/pci/basic: **
ERROR:/home/pm215/qemu/tests/virtio-blk-test.c:272:test_basic:
assertion failed (status == 0): (1 == 0)
Aborted (core dumped)

The strace.log from that is at
http://people.linaro.org/~peter.maydell/strace.log
(3.6MB file; the -f means it will have the trace for
both the test binary and the QEMU process it spawns).

thanks
-- PMM