qemu-block

Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] Please help corrupt filesystem image

From: Alexander Marx
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] Please help corrupt filesystem image
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 05:05:25 +0100

Thank you for replying.
Well i am using latest PROXMOX in a cluster of 4 physical servers.
during the weekend i had to stop all hosts because electricians had to work on the fuse box.

i shutted down all vm's then powered off all physical hosts. One of them took very long.
this host had a raid5 of 27 TB on it (XFS) where some vm images were saved.

i waited long time but i knew that at weekends the raid does a patrol read. So i switched that host hard off.

After rebooting, all hosts and nearly all vms came back online without problems. only these two images could not be started.
As i told before, they were not critical as they were part of a new domain which was not used in productuction.

Then i found out that the XFS Filesystem has problems. i stopped all vm's again and did a xfs_check on that storage.
Some Errors were correted which causes 2 other vm's to die.

These vm's i could restore from backup, so no problem. The other 2 Win216 servers i had to delete and install new.
Thank you very much for your interest on my problem.
It is solved.

Have a nice week and please go on developing that great piece of software!