qemu-block

Re: [Qemu-block] Failing iotests in CI (was: Add a gitlab-ci file for Co

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] Failing iotests in CI (was: Add a gitlab-ci file for Continuous Integration testing on Gitlab)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:06:26 +0000

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 10:37:16AM +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Am 19.02.2019 um 10:04 hat Thomas Huth geschrieben:
> >
> >  https://gitlab.com/huth/qemu/-/jobs/163680780
> >
> > Some of them apparently need encryption to be enabled (as already
> > mentioned by Cleber in his patch) - thus should they really be in the
> > quick check, too? Or could they at least check whether QEMU has been
> > built with encryption?
>
> The correct solution would be that they detect the situation
> automatically and skip the test by calling _notrun.
>
> I'm not sure how to detect if a given QEMU binary supports encryption,
> but Dan might know.

It isn't easy & depends which encryption feature you're trying to use.

For TLS related features you can do something gross like

    qemu-img info --object tls-creds-anon,id=dummy README 2>&1
    test $? != 0 && exit 0

This relies on fact that 'tls-creds-anon' object type will report a
runtime error during initialization if gnutls isn't enabled.

For more general ciphers you pretty much have to just try the higher level
feature and see if it fails.

Regards,
Daniel