qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] AVX support for TCG

From: Nick Renieris
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] AVX support for TCG
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 00:33:23 +0200

Στις Σάβ, 5 Ιαν 2019 στις 12:14 π.μ., ο/η Richard Henderson
<address@hidden> έγραψε:
> No, it's just calling conventions.  And it could be worked around, but I think
> what we have is convenient enough.
>
> Especially since the sizes are encoded as (n+1)*8, which also shows the
> compiler that the size is positive, so the for loop must iterate at least
> once.

I know host ABI's can differ like that, but I don't understand why
that should matter. Everything (TCG compiler included) is compiled
with the same way, right? For the host arch.
Or is that a host ABI vs guest ABI thing? Though I don't understand
why that would matter either. All this is stuff that runs on the host,
right? Oh or does it have to do with JIT'ted tcg helper functions
where ABI would matter?

No real need to explain, I'm just curious.