qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] travis failures

From: Eduardo Habkost
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] travis failures
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 14:42:43 -0200

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 01:28:10PM -0500, Emilio G. Cota wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:26:34 +0100, Greg Kurz wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 09:36:23 +0100
> > Greg Kurz <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > I've also experienced a bunch of similar failures with travis, like:
> > >
> > > https://travis-ci.org/gkurz/qemu/jobs/466994463
> > >

> > Today with tests/test-qht-par again:
> >
> > https://travis-ci.org/gkurz/qemu/jobs/470871251#L4455
> >
> > Cc'ing Emilio for suggestions on how to go forward with this.
>
> Yes, this was being discussed in this thread:
>
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-12/msg01638.html
>
> I haven't heard from Eduardo in a while, I guess he's off for the
> holidays.

Yes, sorry.  :)

> My latest suggestion was to try a branch where test-qht-par is
> standalone, instead of using system(3) to call qht-bench--see
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-12/msg02056.html
>
> Can anyone please try that? Or at least let me know how to run
> a test Travis build so that I can debug this faster.

I don't remember the exact steps, but I think you should be able
to trigger Travis jobs on your GitHub branches by just logging
into travis-ci.org using your GitHub account.

I have pushed your test-qht-par branch to my repository, and the
jobs are still failing:

https://travis-ci.org/ehabkost/qemu-hacks/jobs/475580438

--
Eduardo