qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu migration with vhost-user-blk on top of local storage

From: wuzhouhui
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu migration with vhost-user-blk on top of local storage
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 18:23:42 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi everyone,

I'm working qemu with vhost target (e.g. spdk), and I attempt to migrate VM with
2 local storages. One local storage is a regular file, e.g. /tmp/c74.qcow2, and
the other is a malloc bdev that spdk created. This malloc bdev will exported to
VM via vhost-user-blk. When I execute following command:

  virsh migrate --live --persistent --unsafe --undefinesource
--copy-storage-all \
     --p2p --auto-converge --verbose --desturi qemu+tcp://<uri>/system vm0

The libvirt reports:

  qemu-2.12.1: error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command \
    'nbd-server-add': Cannot find device=drive-virtio-disk1 nor \
    node_name=drive-virtio-disk1

Does it means that qemu with spdk on top of local storage don't support
migration?

QEMU: 2.12.1
SPDK: 18.10

Thanks.