qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v6 00/35] Misc patches for 2018-12-18

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v6 00/35] Misc patches for 2018-12-18
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:12:40 +0100

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 3:31 PM Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 14:27, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Le jeu. 10 janv. 2019 15:21, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> a écrit :
> >> ...'make check-tcg' fails:
>
> > This should work fine if you retry this PR after having merged
> > Fam's PR which contains the fix.
>
> Cool. I will do that and retry.
>
> >> This seems to happen reliably with this pullreq merged
> >> in, but master is OK.
> >

> > I guess Travis is using a cached image.
>
> I'm not using travis, this is a local run of the test.
> But perhaps my system has a cached image. It seems a bit
> odd that it uses that cached image when testing master
> but not when testing Paolo's merge, though.

The patch "test: replace gtester with a TAP driver" contains docker
changes (adding libtest-harness-perl) which trigger a rebuild, your
builds using /master should use the cache.

This might be a problem with this new package (if so, Fam's PR isn't
going to help here).

I'll check and if possible improve the docker.py output to get a more
useful error message.

Regards,

Phil.