qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Issues] PCI hotplug does not work well on pc platform?

From: Liu, Jing2
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Issues] PCI hotplug does not work well on pc platform?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:02:10 +0800

Hi everyone,

I have two questions.
1. PCI hotplug on pci.0 must manually rescan in guest. The ACPI hotplug handler sends the GPE event to guest but it seems guest doesn't receive it? I tried to open ACPI debug level/layer to 0xffffffff, in order to see if there is any message after device_add in monitor, but no message comes out until I manually rescan. Also tried printk in acpi_ev_gpe_xrupt_handler() and acpi_ev_sci_xrupt_handler(). No output in dmesg. (I'm sure that CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_PCIE=y, CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_CPCI=y, CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=y, CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_ACPI=y)

Whether this is a kind of design or a known issue? Does guest receive the request, where can I find the

2. I want to try hotplugging on pci-bridge on pc platform, using shpc. I set shpc=on, but when I do device_add, qemu still calls acpi_pcihp_device_plug_cb? Why it does not call pci_bridge_dev_hotplug_cb?
(CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_SHPC=y)

Thanks very much!
Jing