qemu-devel

Re: -drive if=none: can't we make this the default?

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: -drive if=none: can't we make this the default?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:11:09 +0300

02.11.2023 17:06, Kevin Wolf:
Am 02.11.2023 um 12:01 hat Peter Maydell geschrieben:
Whoops, have I got the terminology wrong again? To me these are
"snapshots" (they do store the whole VM state including the current
state of the disk, and "qemu-img info" lists them as "snapshots"),
whereas I never use the '-snapshot' option, so I never remember
that we have two different things here. Sorry for introducing
confusion :-(

It is confusing, -snapshot really doesn't have the best name.

Can we use -ephemeral for this?

/mjt