qemu-devel

Re: [Stable-8.1.3 55/55] hw/ide/ahci: trigger either error IRQ or regula

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Stable-8.1.3 55/55] hw/ide/ahci: trigger either error IRQ or regular IRQ, not both
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 17:10:16 +0300

09.11.2023 16:42, Michael Tokarev:
From: Niklas Cassel <niklas.cassel@wdc.com>

According to AHCI 1.3.1, 5.3.8.1 RegFIS:Entry, if ERR_STAT is set,
we jump to state ERR:FatalTaskfile, which will raise a TFES IRQ
unconditionally, regardless if the I bit is set in the FIS or not.

Thus, we should never raise a normal IRQ after having sent an error
IRQ.

NOTE: for QEMU platforms that use SeaBIOS, this patch depends on QEMU
commit 784155cdcb02 ("seabios: update submodule to git snapshot"), and
QEMU commit 14f5a7bae4cb ("seabios: update binaries to git snapshot"),
which update SeaBIOS to a version that contains SeaBIOS commit 1281e340
("ahci: handle TFES irq correctly").

And as carefully stated in the commit message, this change should not
come alone without seabios fix.  I'll drop it from both stable series
for now.

/mjt