qemu-devel

Re: disable-pie build

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: disable-pie build
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 13:22:13 +0300

On 12.11.2023 12:13, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Il sab 11 nov 2023, 21:09 Volker RĂ¼melin <vr_qemu@t-online.de
<mailto:vr_qemu@t-online.de>> ha scritto:

    No, this doesn't look good. This patch again breaks the native Windows
    build with MSYS2 and mingw64 cross compile probably too.

Doh, you're right of course
(https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-05/msg05486.html
<https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-05/msg05486.html>). We
need to add qemu_ldflags by hand to all executable.

Hmm?  With the change I mentioned, it builds fine on linux, - *all* executables
are being
built fine.  Without the qemu_ldflags+= part, all executables fail to build
with the
same error.  I'm not sure what's going on here...

I haven't tried win32 build though.

Also, it all builds fine on fedora without any change, which puzzles me.

/mjt

     >> /usr/bin/ld: libcommon.fa.p/hw_core_cpu-common.c.o: relocation
R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a PIE object; recompile with