qemu-devel

Re: QNX VM hang on Qemu

From: Faiq Ali Sayed
Subject: Re: QNX VM hang on Qemu
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 16:48:44 +0100

Hi,

>I wasn't aware that such a command exists. However, the --run option
>seems to call the script "runimage". You might want to take a look at
>the options being set or maybe simply retrieve the qemu command line
>created by it (if that's not how you created your first command line).

>Sorry to not be more helpful.

This is actually the main concern, how can I get the internal command of QNX, how do I know how QNX calls Qemu.
let me investigate it more and yes thanks for your time and support.
Thanks :)

BR!
Faiq

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 10:37 AM Clément Chigot <chigot@adacore.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 6:48 PM Faiq Ali Sayed <faiqueali.109@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Clément,
>
> So the output of the command
> |  $ qemu-system-aarch64 -M xlnx-zcu102 -m 4G -no-reboot -nographic
> -kernel qnx.img
> is
>
> $ pulseaudio: set_sink_input_volume() failed
> $ pulseaudio: Reason: Invalid argument
> $ pulseaudio: set_sink_input_mute() failed
> $ pulseaudio: Reason: Invalid argument
>
> I am not using the "mkifs" rather I am using the command below..

I guess we disabled some options when we built our kernels to allow a
simple command line. However, I don't know which ones.

> $ mkqnximage --type=qemu --arch=aarch64le --build  --ssh-ident=none
>
> if I use the --run option with the command it creates a VM which is working fine.
> but when I use this image, with qemu command terminal is getting stuck.

I wasn't aware that such a command exists. However, the --run option
seems to call the script "runimage". You might want to take a look at
the options being set or maybe simply retrieve the qemu command line
created by it (if that's not how you created your first command line).

Sorry to not be more helpful.

Clément

--
Kind Regard-