qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/35] misc patch queue

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/35] misc patch queue
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 11:53:44 +0200

On 9/4/24 10:50, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 at 18:51, Richard Henderson
<richard.henderson@linaro.org> wrote:

This started out to be tcg and linux-user only, but then added
a few target bug fixes, and the trolled back through my inbox
and picked up some other safe patch sets that got lost.

r~

The following changes since commit ce64e6224affb8b4e4b019f76d2950270b391af5:

   Merge tag 'qemu-sparc-20240404' of https://github.com/mcayland/qemu into
staging (2024-04-04 15:28:06 +0100)

are available in the Git repository at:

   https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu.git tags/pull-misc-20240408

for you to fetch changes up to 50dbeda88ab71f9d426b7f4b126c79c44860e475:

   util/bufferiszero: Simplify test_buffer_is_zero_next_accel (2024-04-08
06:27:58 -1000)

This pullreq alone is more patches than have been committed
in the entirety of the rc2-to-rc3 cycle so far. Are they
really all important enough to put into rc3 on the day
we tag it?

My 2 cents, I'd keep these for 9.0:

>> target/m68k: Fix fp accrued exception reporting
>> target/hppa: Fix IIAOQ, IIASQ for pa2.0
>> target/sh4: Fixes to mac.l and mac.w saturation
>> target/sh4: Fixes to illegal delay slot reporting
>> linux-user: Fix waitid return of siginfo_t and rusage
>> tcg/optimize: Do not attempt to constant fold neg_vec
>> accel/tcg: Improve can_do_io management, mmio bug fix

Postponing these for 9.1:

>> util/bufferiszero: Optimizations and cleanups, esp code removal
>> target/m68k: Semihosting for non-coldfire cpus
>> linux-user: Cleanups for do_setsockopt
>> linux-user: Add FITRIM ioctl

thanks
-- PMM