qemu-discuss

[Qemu-discuss] USB Howto ?

From: liebrecht
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] USB Howto ?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:36:41 -0500

To add to my previous post.
I did use lsusb to find host and bus id.
I added to the string as follows. And i had to run sudo as it complained that it didnt have access to usb nodes.

sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -usb -device usb-host,hostbus=1,hostaddr=24 -device piix3-usb-uhci -enable-kvm -soundhw all -smp 4 -m 2048M -boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom -drive format=raw,file=hd.img

Doing so I can see that it tries to communicate with the device on the device, but it gives me the following error.
"failed to open host usb device 1:24"
and qemu doesnt start.