qemu-ppc

Reminder: last qemu-ppc pull request before 8.1 freeze

From: Daniel Henrique Barboza
Subject: Reminder: last qemu-ppc pull request before 8.1 freeze
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 07:19:10 -0300

Hi,

We're approaching the soft feature freeze date, July 11th:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/8.1

Soft feature freeze description from the site: "Only bug fixes after this
point. All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer tree and all
pull requests from submaintainers must have been sent to the list by this
date."

I don't see a point in sending a PR today and then sending another one
by the end of next week, so the last PR before freeze for qemu-ppc will
be between July 8-10. Do *not* expect to send patches July 10th, get it
reviewed July 11th and expect it to be included in 8.1. Get it done
sooner.

Also, please rebase everything to be send next week on top of my ppc-next
tree to make everyone's life easier:

gitlab.com/danielhb/qemu/tree/ppc-next

Thanks,

Daniel