qemu-ppc

Re: Feature Suggestion

From: Howard Spoelstra
Subject: Re: Feature Suggestion
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 09:25:28 +0200

On Sun, Oct 1, 2023 at 12:36 AM Parker Duval <hexbuglive@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I have feature suggestions for the PowerPC part of QEMU.  The first feature I suggest is a G5 machine in the ppc64 portion to emulate the PowerMacG5.  Another feature I’d like to see on qemu is the older mac machines being able to emulate.  With those systems you can emulate Mac OS 8 which you can’t in qemu right now.  Those are the features I hope to see in QEMU.  I hope they will be able to be put in.

Sincerely, Parker

Hi,

Support for running Mac OS 7-8 on an emulated Quadra 800 will be available very shortly.
If you want to try it now, you might want to take a look at: https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/m68k-qemu-on-windows

As for the G5, I have no idea.

Best,
Howard