qemu-trivial

Re: [Qemu-trivial] [PULL 00/16] [for-1.7] Trivial patches for 2013-11-13

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-trivial] [PULL 00/16] [for-1.7] Trivial patches for 2013-11-13
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 19:05:02 +0100

Am 13.11.2013 14:01, schrieb Michael Tokarev:
> Here's a next trivial-patches pull request, for patches collected
> in almost 3 weeks.
>
> There's nothing extra-ordinary here, except of one thing: this is
> keyboard maps handling series by Jan Krupa.  While I don't expect
> any breakage in this area, but the series introduces a new keymap
> (cz), fixes other keymaps by adding symbol definitions used in there
> to qemu, and adds some functionality which may be helpful when
> working with keymaps (like recognizing (only basic) unicode chars
> in form of Uxxxx).  I haven't heard anything about this series
> from anyone else, except of the comments from Anthony that the
> whole kbd handling needs some major restructuring/changing, so
> I still don't understand whenever applying this is a good idea
> or not.  If you think it is not a good idea, I can easily prepare
> another pull request without these changes.
>
> There are a few other changes which potentially might be a bit
> dangerous, like the trace.h include changes by Stefan Weil --
> while these changes look fine, there's still a remote chance
> that one of them will break build in some configuration or platform.
> Maybe it is not a good idea to apply this at such late point in
> the release cycle.  I verified these, but I haven't tested all
> platforms, especially win*.
>
> Please consider applying.

The two trace.h related patches moved include statements from .h files
to .c files.
I compiled the resulting code on 64 bit Linux, also with cross
compilation for
MinGW, so win* won't be a problem.

Nevertheless there remains a risk because my builds don't include all QEMU
options (especially not spice, rbd, nss, libusb, seccomp).

Both patches were not marked for 1.7, so please skip them when pulling
for 1.7.

You will also have to skip "Console: Replace conditional debug messages
by trace methods"
because it depends on one of the other patches.

Cheers,
Stefan