qemu-trivial

Re: [Qemu-trivial] patch: add delay=<msecs> suboption to -display curses

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-trivial] patch: add delay=<msecs> suboption to -display curses
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 16:41:08 +0400

25.05.2014 03:29, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Add support for the "-display curses" option to accept suboptions (-display
> curses[,option...), and add the "delay=<msecs>" suboption. This suboption
> causes a millisecond-based delay to be inserted in between key events so that

In addition to what Peter said, I think this suboption is named poorly.
Maybe it can be named, say, kbddelay, or keydelay, or something like that.
Just "delay" may be interpreted as _video_ delay, ie, delay updating picture
for so many millisecs.  After all, this is -display, which is about video,
and keyboard is a secondary function...

Also, you still haven't told us what application is having problem with it,
it is some mystery "some app".  And provided this hasn't been a problem for
so many years, maybe we shouldn't add it in the first place?

Thanks,

/mjt