qemu-trivial

[Qemu-trivial] qemu-img: Setting the VM Tools version when converting to

From: Momtchil Momtchev
Subject: [Qemu-trivial] qemu-img: Setting the VM Tools version when converting to VMDK format
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 17:49:10 +0200

    Hello,

Here is a quick trivial patch that adds a command-line option to qemu-img convert to specify the VMWare Tools version used in the VMDK file. The VMWare Guest Customization feature and Vagrant depend on this option.

We have lost so much time trying to understand that issue, that I am including the dreaded VMWare error message here so people can eventually google this patch via the mailing list.

"Customization of the guest operating system is not supported in this configuration. Microsoft Vista (TM) and Linux guests with Logical Volume Manager are supported only for recent ESX/ESXi host and VMware Tools versions. Refer to VMware vSphere documentation for supported configurations."

--
Momtchil Momtchev <address@hidden>