qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] XqlServlet

From: Ivelin Ivanov
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] XqlServlet
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:59:20 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Bothner" <address@hidden>
To: "Ivelin Ivanov" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 12:41 AM

> I don't recall hearing anything about XLSTC before.
> I'm happe to share code and idea, but time is of
> course limited.  (And of course the Apache license is
> problem, as it may be incompatible with the GPL.)

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html

Have you considered using LGPG or even Apache license for QEXO?

> I had hoped at some time to write the glue to have Qexo servlets
> work as easily as JSP - I've just been distracted.
>
> > That's what I would like to help with.
>
> That would be very welcome!

We will see how far we can take this.

> > Actually I think [$request/pathInfo etc] is a "nice" kludge.
> > I would suggest offloading the work to something like JXPath.
> > If you are not familiar with it, look at
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html
> > See the "Servlet Context" section.
>
> Interesting.  I wasn't aware of this.  (There are just too many
> Apache sub-projects to keep track of!)
>
> Givn Qexo's compiler-focus I suspect it would not be useful
> to use the JXPath imlementation, but it may be reasonable to
> support the same XPath syntax on Java beans.  The goal of
> efficient compilation does of course complicate things.

Maybe the compiled code can still use the JXPath API for bridging to Java.
Similarly to the dependency on the Servlet API.
JXPath is quite efficient.

Ivelin