Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Ways to speed rdiff-backup?

From: Stelios K. Kyriacou
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Ways to speed rdiff-backup?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:23:42 -0500

Thanks for the answer. It made me understand that it is not
rdiff-backup's problem but something else.

I think the problem was that I was using NFS rather than an ssh call and
there seems to be problems with NFS at least with my system here. I saw
for example that rdiff-backup was spending a lot of time in a "D" STATE
(uninterruptible sleep) -- i found that using top.
I changed my script to use ssh (using "::") and now the time
was only 50 minutes rather than 9 hours. Still about 8 times
slower than plain rsync but much better than before. Problem solved.

My best wishes to all for the new year.
Stelios