Re: [rdiff-backup-users] GUI

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] GUI
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:06:52 -0800

  MAR> Exits a GUI utility for configure and check rdiff-backup ? For
  MAR> example similar to SWAT in SAMBA.

That would be nice, and occasionally people tell me they are working
on one, but I don't think one is done yet.  BTW, if anyone has any
suggestions on how to make rdiff-backup easier to use, or has stories
on what was confusing the first time(s) they ran it, it might be
productive to post them to the list.  I'd like rdiff-backup to be easy
enough to use that users don't feel the need for a GUI.

Recently I have been trying to get my new TV card to record.  So far I
think I need to run something like:

transcode -V -H0 -k -p /dev/dsp -i /dev/video0 \
          -x nvrec='-input Television -norm NTSC -F 900',null \
          -y yuv4mpeg,null -o test_video.yuv4mpeg -g 352x240 \
          -u 100 -m test_audio.avi -f 29.97 -e 44100,16,2

What a mess!  transcode and nvrec may be great, but it took me hours
to figure those switches, even with the help of a few web pages, and I
still can't get any sound.  Hopefully no one has similar experiences
with rdiff-backup...

--
Ben Escoto