Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: uninstalling rdiff-backup (was RE: backup d

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: uninstalling rdiff-backup (was RE: backup different directories)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:04:26 -0800

  RL> i've managed to uninstall rdiff-backup 0.10.2 using this, #
  RL> ./setup.py install --record rdb-filelist # xargs rm <
  RL> rdb-filelist # rm -r
  RL> /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup

  RL> if this is not the "right thing to do" tell me the right one.

Looks ok.  The files should be:

$PREFIX/share/doc/rdiff-backup-{version}
$PREFIX/share/man/man1/rdiff-backup.1
$PREFIX/bin/rdiff-backup
$PYTHONDIR/rdiff_backup

I'm a bit surprised there is no uninstall in python's distutils, but
apparently there isn't...

  RL> I also have to say that the compilation on FreeBSD was not that
  RL> smooth, I had to manually add, -I/usr/local/include and
  RL> -L/usr/local/lib into the cc command line.

Some other rdiff-backup user was complaining about that, so he patched
distutils to accept --includedir and --libdir command line options I
think.  It probably got accepted, so maybe it will be easier with
python 2.3.

    What kind of package management system does FreeBSD use?  Ports,
like OpenBSD?  I think someone told me that rdiff-backup was packaged
for OpenBSD's ports system already (though I don't suppose the two
systems are compatible).

--
Ben Escoto