[rdiff-backup-users] setuid setgid increment files

From: Andrew K Bressen
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] setuid setgid increment files
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 18:23:39 -0400

Hi--

I noticed that some, but not all,
of the "increments" directories under my various rdiff-data directories,
and some, but not all,
of the increments.<date>.dir files inside them, were setuid or setgid.

Do they need to be?
Is there a way to make them not be?

I'm running 0.10.2 on debian linux 2.4.x.

  --thanks for any clues...
  --andrew
ps: further, a way to backup setuid and setgid files without having those
bits set on the backup copies, similar to the hardlinks storage, would be
great...

pps: and thanks to the author(s) for a nice package, too!