Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "AF_UNIX path too long" error

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "AF_UNIX path too long" error
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:59:38 -0700

  >> Under 0.10 I got that error for most open socket files. Upgrading
  >> to 0.11.4 seems to have cured it.

Yes, the maximum socket lengths on many systems is much lower than for
normal files.  Should be fixed in newer versions.

  A> It looks like it's failing on the metadata, but then trying to
  A> recover.  Unfortunately I dont know python well enough to hazard
  A> a guess as to what is actually going on :)

The metadata thing is just a warning, it shouldn't be necessary.  I
couldn't really tell what the problem is though.  Perhaps you could
use higher verbosity?

  A> Another thing. Is there a way to not try to recover from a bad
  A> backup?  or is there compatibility with older (.10.x)
  A> rdiff-backups?

There should be forwards/backwards compatibility with older versions.
The regress/recover part is meant to be like fsck on a real file
system.  So it really shouldn't fail unless the whole directory is
unsalvageable.

--
Ben Escoto