Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Maximum files in a directory?

From: Ty! Boyack
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Maximum files in a directory?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:26:44 -0600

Ben Escoto wrote:

Hmm, so I guess it's something else, let me know.  Also the patches
are incompatible, just apply the second one I guess.

Ben,

Well, I still think it was something else (than the directory changing as it was backed up), as we've failed with this same error on the last ~40 backup runs, and I can't believe that the directory was changing each and every time that we tried to backup the directory. However, that (second) patch you gave me has fixed the problem, whatever it was. We're backing up all files and directories perfectly now, including our directory with 82,000 files.
THANKS AGAIN!!!   Your support is very much appreciated.

-Ty!