Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problem installing rdiff_backup 0.12.3

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problem installing rdiff_backup 0.12.3
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:40:13 -0700

  BAR> When I try to install rdiff_backup:
  BAR> _librsyncmodule.c:25: librsync.h: No such file or directory
  BAR> error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

  BAR> What went wrong? librsync is installed I think. Does anybody
  BAR> know how I can solve that problem?

Do you have a librsync.h file somewhere on your system?  If not, make
sure you have librsync v0.9.6 installed.  If it's there, then probably
the setup program isn't finding it.  Here is an excerpt from the
current README file about --librsync-dir:

The setup script expects to find librsync headers and libraries in the
default location, usually /usr/include and /usr/lib.  If you want the
setup script to check different locations, use the --librsync-dir
switch or the LIBRSYNC_DIR environment variable.  For instance,

        python setup.py --librsync-dir=/usr/local build

instructs the setup program to look in /usr/local/include and
/usr/local/lib for the librsync files.

Ben Escoto