Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RFE - keep a certain number of increments

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RFE - keep a certain number of increments
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:49:51 -0700

  LM> I'd actually like the ability to remove specific increments
  LM> rather than a blanket "remove older than", so I can experiment
  LM> with different increment schedules.

I've wanted this feature for a long time, but removing an increment
"in the middle" is not as simple as deleting some files.  The next
oldest diff would no longer apply, so it would need to be
recalculated.  It would be easier to do this when the ability to
compose two diffs were added to librsync.  And I'm sure the hardest
part would be thinking about all the different ways an operation like
this can fail and making sure it doesn't take out the older increments
along with it.

--
Ben Escoto