Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Suppressing "mirror file does not match source"

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Suppressing "mirror file does not match source"?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:19:12 -0700

It should, see http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/error_policy.html

> Other than that, is there a way to suppress the output of that
> message? I think using -v2 (or even lower) should help, but perhaps
> I'll be missing some other important messages then?

You can probably use -v1 and not lose any important information.  The
current list is at:

http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/FAQ.html#verbosity

maybe that should be changed so that:

level 0:  Fatal errors
level 1:  Warnings and error messages not covered by the error policy
level 2:  Warnings/errors that are covered

That way you could use -v1 and not lose anything (since the error
policy errors are written into the rdiff-backup-data/error_log file
anyway).  If someone didn't want to see Fatal errors they could
redirect to /dev/null.

--
Ben Escoto