Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup.stanford.edu gone?

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup.stanford.edu gone?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:07:33 +1100

Ben Escoto wrote:

So, how about we take Dave up on his offer?  What should I do on my
end?  I don't know much about http, is when a page has changed part of
the protocol?  If so maybe he could just mirror the current page and
no change would be necessary on the rdiff-backup.stanford.edu end.

I have taken the liberty of ordering rdiff-backup.org.
I have put your name as the owner Ben, but lacking address details put my company's postal address there instead.
I can perfom mirroring using wget -m easily enough.
it only takes a little while.
At present I might only mirror once a week or so.
Then if ever your hosting is lost, you can have ftp or ssh access to our server for hosting. Our server is on a major Australian backbone, and I trust everyone finds it fast enough - speak now if not :)

thanks

dave