Re: [rdiff-backup-users] my usage model assumptions

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] my usage model assumptions
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:27:23 +1100

Keith Edmunds wrote:
This I have not done (although, coincidentally, I have an ssh-related
problem which means I'd like to avoid ssh for one of my clients.
However, rdiff-backup does have the '--remote-schema' switch which
should pave the way to achieving what you want. I'd be interested to
know how you get on, though.

on windows we use plink with the remote-schema .
it works pretty well - an example is in the archives.
I think you need an ssh transport at this stage - how else to do you start rdiff-backup --server?

dave