[rdiff-backup-users] Restoring Questions (newbie)

From: Paul Ackerman
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring Questions (newbie)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:13:31 -0600

Hello,
As I read man pages etc, I am beggining to understand that rdiff can only
restore an entire directory or subdirectory, correct?

Therefore, if I need a file restored I must restore the entire directory to
a temp location and then copy the file back to it's home, Right?

I am trying to use this to back up the Samba share of the machine called
samba-saa(ip 192.168.0.253) I am backing up to a dir called /samba-saa on
the mirror (local) machine (ip 192.168.0.254) so my rdiff-backup syntax
looks like this

rdiff-backup 192.168.0.253::/samba/Data /samba-saa

where /Data contains all the files that need to be backed up, this works.
It's restoring that has me confused.

Just so happens that I have need to restore two files right now.

The original (remote) location of the dir that has been backed up is
 192.168.0.253::/samba-saa/Data/SAA Projects/Tormey/04-Photos

my backup is located here (local)
/samba-saa/rdiff-backup-data

How do I restore that particular foder?

paul