[rdiff-backup-users] scripts to tie everything together

From: Robert Weber
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] scripts to tie everything together
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:57:22 -0600

I haven't posted in a while but I was wondering if anyone is running
rdiff-backup in a similar way I do(or wants to).  I run from a single
server to multiple clients, and tie everything together with shell scripts
so that my students can keep an eye on everything with simple text files.
I don't like gui, but many people do.  A simple tk front-end would make
this into an instant gui.  Anyway, if people want to look at the
scripts(not perfect, but they work well) you can grab them from

ftp://boulder.colorado.edu/pub/local-sources/rdiff-wrapper.tar.gz

they are just born, but it allows hands off administration.  I may also add
docs/etc if people show an interest.  In addition there are utilites that
convert the configs to a simple amanda disklist for those of you who like to
backup your mirrors to tape(I do, with 2 months saved every month).  All you
would need is a config entry for the "rdiff-mirror" type:

define dumptype rdiff-mirror {
    global-tar
    comment "dirs that are an rdiff-backup mirror"
    compress client best
# if you only want the current data, uncomment below
#    exclude "rdiff-backup-data"
    priority high
    maxdumps 1
}

--
2 3 5 7 B D 11 13 17 1D 1F 25 29 2B 2F 35 3B    Robert Weber
3D 43 47 49 4F 53 59 61 65 67 6B 6D 71 7F 83    UnixOps/ITS UCB