Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and cross-platform resource forks

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and cross-platform resource forks
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:12:36 +0100

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:38:19 -0500
Dan Drake <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Dan

> I've been using rdiff-backup for quite a while now and I love it. It's a
> wonderful tool; my thanks to the developers!

Singular: Ben Escoto is pretty much the sole developer.

> I have a question about backing up my Powerbook to my Linux box. Do the
> resource forks get backed up, and can they be restored?

Two answers: you could just try it and find out. If you did that, then you
would KNOW the answer, but as it is I will tell you. Yes. Now, do you want
to believe me and trust all your data to rdiff-backup, or do you want to
test it?

Bit tongue in cheek, but it would have been quicker and more trustworthy to
test it than to ask here.

Good luck!

Keith

  Small business computer support: http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk