[rdiff-backup-users] feature request: readonly without arguments

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] feature request: readonly without arguments
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:06:03 +0200

Hi,

Currently --restrict-read-only requires path to be specified. I'm doing
backups over ssh and I'm forcing some command on server:

$ more .ssh/authorized_keys
no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,command="sudo
/bin/nice
-n 20 /usr/bin/rdiff-backup --server" ...

I want to restrict it to be read-only but there is problem. I'm doing backup
of different directories like /home, /var/lib etc in separate commands.

Unfortunately --restrict-read-only / won't work if I'm doing backup of /etc -
it complains:

rdiff_backup.Security.Violation:
Warning Security Violation!
Request to handle path /etc
which doesn't appear to be within restrict path /.

Feature req is option to restrict read-only to all operations without need to
specify option or fix rdiff-backup to work with cases as this one.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/