Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Accidental deletion

From: rdiff-backup
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Accidental deletion
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:55:17 +0100

Thursday, September 23, 2004, 10:47:37 AM, you wrote:

> I'm seeing an error ("File changed from regular file before
> signature") due to the fact that I accidentally deleted a couple of
> files in my mirror (pure stupidity, I got confused between windows).

> I've found reference to the offending files in
> file_statistics...data.gz and mirror_metadata...snapshot.gz. My
> question is, am I right to presume that the latter file is the one I
> need to edit? Also, can I just remove the references from the latest
> version? Or should I be looking at removing ALL references to the
> files I foolishly deleted?

For future reference, here's what I eventually did. I gunzipped the
latest file_statistics and mirror_metadata files and removed the
entries relating to the offending files. I then gzipped them again and
after that there were no more errors and AFAIK, everything is running
normally again.

Regards,

Matt