[rdiff-backup-users] changing backup directory structure

From: Colm Elliott
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] changing backup directory structure
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:31:11 -0500

Hi.

I'm setting up a backup system with rdiff-backup and was wondering if anyone had dealt with the following scenario:

Let's say I am backing up directory A and then at some time, t,  I decided I only want to back up sub-directory A/B and not the rest of A.  If I want to restore a version of directory A/B from before time t, then I need to hide the 'rdiff-backup-data' directory at A/B so that the backup is done based on the older 'rdiff-backup-data' in directory A.  Is there a cleaner way to merge the rdiff-backup-datas if I am often changing the directories that I want to backup in this way?

Thanks.