[rdiff-backup-users] Remove part of backup?

From: Jens Benecke
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Remove part of backup?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:07:42 +0100

Hi,

(running rdiff-backup 0.13.4 on Debian Sarge)

Yesterday I did a backup to an existing directory manually but forgot to
exclude a certain directory (which had been excluded so far). Usually the
backup is done by a cron-script. This manual backup run tripled the backup
directory size, and now the backup doesn't fit on the backup media any more
(remote harddisk), i.e. I cannot do any further backups.

Can I somehow remove this directory from the backup directory? I would also
be happy with rolling everything to the state it was before I did the
manual backup run (i.e. losing yesterday's backup), then re-running the
backup.

Thank you!

--
Jens Benecke